By Kidist Amanuel
The Avenger Seawolf Blacksteel model is one of Breitling’s popular watches. Now, Breitling has announced the production of new set of watch called the Avenger Seawolf Blacksteel Code Yellow. This new Professional divers watch is limited to only 1000 pieces. The name of the model reflects the strength of the watch as well as its aesthetics. “Blacksteel” refers to the special carbon-based treatment and the “Code Yellow” refers to the yellow accents that are seen throughout the dial.
The Code Yellow timepiece comes in highly resistant black case with carbon-based treatment. It is water resistant to an impressive 3000 meters (10,000 ft). The front and back of this case is covered with thick sapphire crystal glare-proofed. The security valve balances out the interior and exterior parts of the case. Complementing the case is also a unidirectional bezel and large screw-locked crown that has non-slip grip and lateral reinforcements. The thick sapphire crystal and pressure valve are extremely helpful during high pressures in this divers watch. The case is built to withstand extreme situations and high pressure that can often be encountered by professional divers. Inside this case beats a mechanical self-winding movement. This movement is chronometer-certified.
The dial of this Breitling Avenger Seawolf Blacksteel Code Yellow timepiece is made for optimal use of the watch in deep waters where things can be very unclear. Touches of yellow that glow can be seen on the seconds hand, the inner bezel, and the Automatic inscription of this dial. The over-sized numerals and hands with yellow luminescent accents are extremely helpful in making things easily legible.
- Movement: Breitling Caliber 17; mechanical, self-winding movement; officially chronometer-certified by the COSC; 25 jewels part
- Frequency of 28,800 vibration per hour (vph)
- Functions include calendar, hours, minutes, seconds
- Case: ergonomic case made of highly resistant carbon-based treatment; black steel
- Case Diameter: 45 mm
- Water-resistant up to 3,000 m / 10,000 ft /300 bars
- Large screw-locked crown with non-slip grip
- Unidirectional ratcheted rotating bezel
- Cambered sapphire crystal that is glareproofed on both sides
- Dial: Volcano black with oversized hands, large luminescent accents; stencil-type numerals; yellow detailing on seconds hand, the inner bezel, and the automatic inscription
- Straps: Rubber Ocean Racer (perforated) or Diver Pro II (with raised central ridge)
- Limited number of pieces of this series – 1,000
- Perforated Ocean Racer version is priced at $5420 and the Raised Central Ridge “Diver Pro II” version is priced at $4720